What is the Kindness Youth Leadership Team (KYLT)?
We are a group of high school students from across the Kansas City area, who are interested in making our world a better place. We are willing to work to make kindness ripple throughout our community. Our members are paired with adult mentors who help us with our three main goals:
- From September through April, learn leadership, communication, organizational and inspirational skills.
- Bring SevenDays® to your school, use our resources to introduce and encourage whole school participation.
- Increase SevenDays® participation within your personal circles – groups, clubs, friends and family.
Applications for KYLT 2023 are now open!
KYLT Job Description & Responsibilities:
In order to be accepted to our team, the following requirements must be met:
- Be a current high school student
- Be able to attend monthly KYLT meetings (usually 1 to 1.5 hours)- mostly in Merriam, KS
- learn the mission and initiatives of SevenDays®
- work to bring SevenDays® to your school- with help and resources
- learn leadership, communication, organizational and inspirational skills
- have fun through team bonding – teens from a variety of area schools
- Attend monthly small group meetings (usually 1 to 1.5 hours) where you will work on one of the following projects
- plan a SevenDays® event – Kindness Breakfast or Kindness Walk
- write kindness content for schools
- Work on your own time to complete work discussed in meetings
- The Director of Youth Engagement for SevenDays® will mentor you in community service and leadership
- Promote SevenDays® on your personal social media
- Attend the Kindness Breakfast (April 5, 2023)
- Attend the Kindness Walk (April 16, 2023)
- Help lead the Pre-walk activities- includes: help with registration, “excitement building”, walk, etc.
- Communicate promptly (within 24 hours) to any communication (email, text, groupme, etc.) regarding SevenDays®. Excluding holidays and times when school is scheduled to be out of session.
- Be available for the time commitment- 2 meetings monthly plus time on your own in-between meetings to complete tasks. (3-8 hours a month depending on the time of year and your responsibilities)